The college became a recognized centre for guiding Ph.D. students from the year 2017 – 18. Principal Dr.V.S.Adigal headed the Ph.D. programme in the subject of Business Economics and presently he is guiding many students to complete their Ph.D. The college is committed and involved in nurturing a research culture among its faculty and students. Most of the teachers are actively engaged in research while enriching the learning experience of the students. To inculcate the spirit of research and enquiry, the college Research cell organises lecture series on various research and research methodology topics.
Research is formal work undertaken systematically to increase the stock of knowledge, including knowledge of humanity, culture and society and the use of this stock of knowledge to devise new applications. It is used to establish or confirm facts, reaffirm the results of previous work, solve new or existing problems, support theorems, or develop new theories. The primary purposes of basic research are documentation, discovery, interpretation or the research and development of methods and systems for the advancement of human knowledge. The college has Research Centre in Faculty of Commerce to study the basics of research methodology and its applications for further progression of the society.
- To acquire the proficiency in application of innovative methods of existing knowledge for the betterment of the society.
- To prepare the learners with the knowledge of complete and encompassing research methodology.
- To sensitize the learners towards contemporary issues in the domain of humanities.
- To inculcate highly developed critical reading and writing skills and understanding of the basics of research.
- To articulate and develop appropriate and relevant contexts for the study of humanities beyond historical contexts.
- To conduct empirical research on social phenomena that accompany the processes of change development and modernization in contemporary society.
- To expand awareness of the social and national culture among various sectors of the society.
- To establish and promote global networks of humanities and social sciences.
- To gain familiarity with the phenomenon or to achieve new insights into it.
A candidate being eligible for admission to the degree of Doctor in Philosophy (Commerce) must have passed the Master Degree Examination in relevant subjects of Arts / Commerce at University of Mumbai or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto with atleast 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of reserved category) with first attempt. The candidate has to qualify the Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) conducted by the University of Mumbai. The candidate has to satisfy the conditions as mentioned in Vice- Chancellor’s Directives (VCD), Exam. / Thesis / Univ. / VCD / 2414 of 2010.